I will be taking part in the inaugural prefabAUS conference tomorrow along with BIM advocates from DesignInc, AECOM and Hickory.
Australia, along with many countries around the world, is changing the way it builds.
As the off-site construction sector begins to expand rapidly, this Conference is timed to bring together key representatives from all related areas for the first time; from architecture, engineering, manufacturing, material supply, property development and construction, universities, government agencies and client representatives.
An influential line-up of national and international speakers will cover all approaches to off-site construction, from commercial to residential and across all key infrastructure sectors including health and education.
Our first conference will be a perfect opportunity to learn and share knowledge while making new relationships that last.
Learn from plenary speakers including:
- Mechthild Stuhlmacher, Korteknie Stuhlmacher Architecten, The Netherlands.
Mechthild is in Australia thanks to the AIA Foundation Residency Program.
- Steve Hayden, Senior Project Manager, ACT Government
- David Tweedie, Hayball
- Associate Professor Mark Luther, Deakin University
- Pamela Bell, CEO of PrefabNZ
- Associate Professor Haeyeon Yoo, Soongsil University, South Korea
- Tai Hollingsbee, Sustainability and Performative Design Group at GHD Australia
- Dr Masa Noguchi, ZEMCH Network
- Damian Moloney, The Moloney Group
- Chris Condon, Hickory Group
- Tim Eley, Jacobs Engineering
- David Chandler, Construction Edge
- Professor Peter Newman, Curtin University
- Mark Albert, MtM and Linsey Siede,Automotive Supplier Excellence Australia
- Nicolas Perren, Tektum
- Dr Tuan Ngo, The University of Melbourne
and workshop speakers including:
- Matt Rumbelow, AAM Group
- Michael Skelton, AECOM
- Damien Crough, Hickory Group
- Rhys Hall, Design Inc
- Craig Chatman, ARKit
- Ken Watson, NASH
- Peter Healey, Hollow Core
- Marcello Serini, University of Southern Queensland
- Chris Barnett, Habitech Systems
- Caroline Pidcock, House of Parts
- Justin Pilgrim, Climate Friendly
- Professor Jun Tae KIM, Kongju National University, South Korea
- John Lucchetti and team, Wood + Grieve Engineers
- James Murray Parkes, Modular Construction Codes Board