I did make a blog entry a few weeks ago acknowledging some value-for-money AEC Conferences on the horizon. Lets hope the days of the $2K+ “Bloated BIM Events” are over and the $1000 to sub-$1000 conference is now becoming the norm.
One of the sub $1K events is the 4th Australian Lean Construction Conference at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, 12th – 14th August 2014. Arranged by one of the BDO “original band members” Mr Levi Naas, this is the annual event for the Lean Construction Institute of Australia.
The Lean Construction Institute Australia is a not-for-profit organisation led by a cross section of industry representatives in the gas, oil, mining, and building construction fields that are driving transformation and productivity improvement across Australia through Lean project delivery.
The theme for 2014 is Smarter and Leaner Projects in Australia. This event brings together global best practices from internationally acclaimed practitioners and innovative technologies to overcome the challenges facing the industry today. With Australia’s competition increasing and project costs spiraling, every company’s goal has become to adopt “lean” as a culture.
|LCI Australian Lean Construction Conference + RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction
|Regular Registration||28 June – 8 August||$699 + 10% GST|
|On-Site Registration||After 08 August||$849 + 10% GST|
International and National Speakers have been sourced by the Lean Construction Institute of Western Australia for their unique combination of academic and industry expertise as well as outstanding presentation abilities. See a selection of our Speakers below:
- Mr Robert Edwardes, Woodside Executive Vice President Development
- Mr Matthew Saunders, Procurement Operations Manager, Bechtel
- Mr Olivier Legrand, McKinsey Director and Leader of the Capital Productivity Practice
- Mr Kevin Gallagher, CEO and Managing Director, Clough Limited
- Mr Gary Downs, Shell Lean Deployment Manager, Europe & Canada
- Dr Glenn Ballard, Co-founder of the International Group for Lean Construction and the USA Lean Construction Institute and Director of the Project Production Systems Laboratory, University of California Berkley.
- Dr Roberto Cruz – Petrobras/CENPES Coordinator, Technological Program of Offshore Logistics, Brazil
- Mr Jeroen Buren, Woodside Energy Senior Vice President Production
- Ms Amanda Warren, Managing Partner, Constructing Excellence New Zealand
- Captain Jonathan Sadleir, RAN, Commanding Officer of NUSHIP Canberra
- Mr Mike Miketon, Corporate Controls Project Manager, JV Driver Fabrication Canada
- Mr Dale Beard, Intelliwave Technologies President and Co-Founder, Canada
- Dr Michael Thurlbeck, Regional Director – Asia, Stapleton International Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Professor Kerry London, RMIT University Acting Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor Teaching and Learning and Professor of Construction Management, School of Property, Construction and Project Management
- Mr Gavin Kleinhans, Senior Legal Counsel, INPEX
- Mr Jon Stone, Regional Director, Brookfield Multiplex
- Mr Robin Mikaelsson, Senior Consultant, Bentley Systems
- Mr Hoon Kiang Tan, Lead Specialist, Subsea and Drilling, Lloyds Register Global Technology Centre Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Mr Carlo Sotocinal, Business Development Manager, Aveva Asia Pacific, Kuala Lumpur