How much BIM are you getting for your BUCKs? When it comes to many “BIM events” it is often hard to judge, not to mention either finding the funds or getting management to part with hard fought Professional Development money.
I have been involved with almost all the major BIM events held in ANZ over the last few years, and even tried my hand at organizing one last year. They are NEVER easy and extremely time consuming, especially if you are trying to secure an international speaker (or three).
That is why I am so impressed with the speaker line-up for this years BIM-MEP-AUS Construction Innovation 2014 Forum being held on the 7 – 8 August 2014 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
ACMA’s Sumit Oberoi and his team have assembled an All-Star** ensemble which includes 9 international presenters, at least another 7 local presenters with international experience and at least 3 speakers with CEO experience. Just have a look over the confirmed speakers below.
And how much will this cost? For non-ACMA members $990.00 (ex GST). Which is amazing #BIMvalue when you look at the vast amount of experience that is to shared during these 2 days.
And most importantly, don’t let the acronym fool you. MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Piping) involves all aspects of the design, construction and facility spectrum. Architecture without MEP is a car-port. And BIM without MEP is … well not BIM.
So “do yourself a favor” and register for the 2014 Construction Innovation Forum here.
BIM-MEPAUS Construction Innovation 2014 Forum
When: 7 – 8 August 2014
Where: Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Cost: $790* AMCA members $990* AMCA Non-members
- Mr James Barrett, Director, Integrated Building Solutions, Turner Construction Company (USA)
- Mr Tyler Goss, Director of Construction & Manufacturing Solutions, CASE, (USA)
- Mr Chris Di Iorio, Co-Founder & CEO, ENGworks (USA)
- Mr Tim Lowery, Co-founder & Vice President, ClearEdge3D, Inc. (USA)
- Mr Dennis Rodriguez, BIM Enterprise Manager, Aviation & Transportation, AECOM, (USA)
- Mr Steve Butler, Industry Strategy Manager, MEP & Fabrication, Autodesk (UK)
- Mr Andy Robins, Fabrication Product Manager, Autodesk, (UK)
- Mr Andy Sneyd, President, Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES) (UK)
- Mr Dominic Thasarathar, Thought-leader and Product Evangelist, Construction & Natural Resources, Autodesk (UK)
- Mr Marcus Fich, Business Development Manager, Digital Offerings, Grundfos (DEN)
- Mr Carl Agar, Director, Menco Group (AUS)
- Mr Michael Alder, Building Services Modelling Leader, ARUP (AUS)
- Mr Paul Arthur, General Manager, PhoenxPLM Pty Ltd (AUS)
- Mr Jamie Casas, BIM MEP Consultant, Wood and Grieve Engineers (AUS)
- Mr Richard Choy, CEO, NATSPEC (AUS)
- Mr JC Davis, Senior Solutions Consultant, A2K Technologies (AUS)
- Mr Angus Grant, Principal, Mechanical Section Manager, Wood and Grieve Engineers (AUS)
- Mr Victor Hoog Antink, immediate past CEO, DEXUS Property Group (AUS)
- Mr Mark Jacobson, National BIM Operations Manager, AE Smith & Son (AUS)
- Dr Dominik Holzer, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Architecture, Building &Planning, The University of Melbourne (AUS)
- Mr Nathan Lyon, Facilities Manager, Investa Property Group (AUS)
- Mr Rob Malkin, Director AEC Autodesk Asia Pacific (AUS)
- Mr Chris Needham, Project Information Manager & BIM Lead, Davis Langdon (an AECOM Company) (AUS)
- Mr Paul Nunn, General Manager BIM, PDC Queensland (AUS)
- Mr David Pearce, BIM Manager, Building Services, SKM (AUS)
- Mr Chris Penn, BIM Manager for the Hansen Yuncken and Leighton Contractors (HYLC) Joint Venture for the new Royal Adelaide Hospital Project (AUS)
- Mr Robert Phillpot, Co-founder, Director & General Manager of Product, Aconex (AUS)
- Mr Seán O’Dwyer, BIM Manager, Grocon PCL (AUS)
- Mr Matt Rumbelow, High Definition Survey Building Information Modelling (BIM) Coordinator, AAM Pty Ltd (AUS)
- Mr Geoff Thew, Senior BIM Coordinator Major Projects, A.G. Coombs (AUS)
- Mr Brendan Upton, Technical Consultant, A2K Technologies (AUS)