I have been following SITEOPS® for sometime now, both as a previous reseller and fan. When I first saw it some years ago I was immediately impressed with its speed and “BIM-like” interface, ready access to real data which enables you to make real time decisions on site selection and site layout/orientation. Oh, and I wondered if Revit would EVER get anything like that for its Site Tools? 4 years later and all Revit users are still waiting!
So now I have been asked to show how SITEOPS® can help architects with all their “DirtyBIM” needs. Register for the web cast here.
SITEOPS® for Architects & Civil Engineers in the BIM Process
Presenters: Matt Rumbelow (Buildings Specialist) & Shane O’Rorke (Civil Engineer)
Please join us for presentation on Wednesday, 8 May at 11am Sydney time.
Click here to Register for free Web Session.
The focus of this web session is to erase the line in the sand. With SITEOPS® Architects & Civil Engineers can easily work together during schematic design phase to layout sites, look at options, and communicate impacts of cost. SITEOPS® changes the dynamic and facilitates the exchange of information between building professions and land developers early in planning. It also allows the civil engineer to engage in the BIM process; allowing for the quantitative and visual exchange of data and ultimately integration with architectural model.
In this session we will cover;
- Utilising Trimble SketchUp® to import topology for initial site selection / review
- Running initial grading; bulk earthwork and retaining wall calculations
- Submitting for SITEOPS®S project optimization and visualizing with Trimble SketchUp®
- Taking contoured surface dwg file and importing to Revit Model
- Upon evaluation of surface and layout in Revit ability to look at options in SITEOPS®
- Looking at vehicle path routing in SITEOPS®
- Run cost comparison report of multiple options to evaluate with client
As well as finding the least expensive way to balance a site, SITEOPS® allows the Architect and Civil Engineer to explore more options and communicate with the end client in a fraction of the time, complete with visuals and detailed cost analysis.
For more details please join us for the Web Session on Wednesday, 8 May at 11am Sydney time and check out Civil Survey Solutions SITEOPS® page.