Matt Rumbelow B.Arch (Hons)
Location: Melbourne Area, Australia
Industry: Architecture & Construction
Phone: +61 412 510 941 (Mobile)
Secretary / Sponsorship Management | The BIM Day Out
January 2013 – Present
Inaugural BIM user conference (July 18+19th 2013), Perth WA AUS
BIM Specialist & Owner | ThinkBIM™
January 2008 – Present
Providing BIM advocacy and consultancy across the AEC industry.
Including technical and sales representation for:
- dRofus Spatial Information Management (Nosyko AS)
- SiteOPS (Civil Survey Solutions)
- IFC and BCF collaboration
- BIMstop.com Manufacturer Content
Partnerships Coordinator | Australian Health Design Council
October 2011 – Present
He was approached to develop sponsorship opportunities within the Building Information Modeling (BIM) sector for the Australian Health Design Council, and later became the inaugural partnership manager.
- Presented at Informa BIM and Healthcare Summit, Brisbane, QLD AUS
- Managed national launch events for AHDC (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth)
- Manage web site redesign and relaunch (May 2013)
- Submitted $800,000 funding proposal for generic content library with BuildingSmart AUS
- Attended Health & Design Annual Conference, Melbourne, VIC AUS
Building on his strong contacts with BIM vendors, manufacturers and practices, Matt combines his BIM consultancy projects with his work as the Partnerships Coordinator with the Australian Health Design Council.
Previously Matt was employed to manage Solibri business development in Australia for Cadimage. The Cadimage Group have been developing, distributing, supporting and servicing a respected range of elegant, simple-to-use software to satisfied customers in over 80 countries.
Prior, Matt was Account Director with Smartsoftware Pty Ltd to provide business development opportunities for the Newforma™ Project Information Management (PIM) range of solutions Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia. Newforma™ provides information management software for serving architecture, engineering, construction and owner/operator (AECO) organizations worldwide.
In 2010 Matt was seconded to develop business opportunities within the architecture, engineering, construction sectors for Atlas+ Industries, the largest outsourcing / workshare provider across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
In 2008 Matt was promoted to a sales role, as BDM responsible for Victoria and serving a national clients based in Melbourne. During this time was selected to present at the Autodesk University International Users Conference in Las Vegas in December 2008, returning to attend the 2010 Autodesk University and Authorised Developer Conference.
First appointed in 2005; Matt worked as a technical consultant for AEC Systems, the leading Autodesk Reseller in Australia & New Zealand. Matts primarily focus was with the Autodesk Building Information Modelling solutions, including Revit Architecture, Autodesk Revit Structure, Autodesk Revit MEP and Autodesk Navisworks.
Bachelor of Architecture (Hons) UniSA 2000
University of South Australia
Solibri Business Development (Australia) | Cadimage
October 2012 – March 2013 (6 months)
Solibri Model Checker™ adds value throughout the life cycle of thIt is extensively used a growing number of building owner and users, construction companies, architects and engineering firms. Cadimage Group embraces a range of companies with specific expertise in developing pathfinding software to enable architects, engineers and construction companies to realise structures that exhibit the highest design, functionality and buildability credentials.
Account Director (SA/TAS/VIC), Newforma™ | Smart Software Pty Ltd
October 2011 – August 2012
Territory: South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria
Project Center, Newforma’s flagship product, creates a more productive environment for project managers and the project team by organizing project information, facilitating information exchange, and enabling efficient project process. Project Centre aggregates information across data stores such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 whilst respecting Active Directory and Windows security permissions.
Newforma is exclusively distributed by Smartsoftware Pty Ltd, the leading provider of operational software solutions to refine business performance, planning and process flow within the AEC industry.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships, Smartsoftware work with our clients to ensure their requirements are met and supported throughout the life-cycle of their investment.
- Attended Newforma International Sales Conference, Manchester, NH, USA
- Signed first global account for ANZ (HASSELL Architects). Pilot deployment with 900 license total.
Business Development Executive | Atlas Industries Ltd, Melbourne, VIC
December 2010– August 2011
Saigon based Atlas Industries is Vietnam’s leading provider of quality project documentation and design support services to architects, engineers and the wider construction industry. Atlas assists practices of all sizes overcome resource constraints, meet tight deadlines and successfully document and deliver profitable projects. As an Autodesk Authorised Training Center, Atlas also provides training and workshops for both its staff and clients.
Matt was employed to develop business opportunities within the Building Information Modeling (BIM) sector for Atlas+ Industries, one of the leading resource consultants in Australasia.
- Coordinated and presented at Autodesk University Extension event, Saigon, Vietnam
- Coordinated and presented “ThinkBIM” seminar, including sponsorship & speaker management
- Assisted with implementation of Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting and GMail global email / calendars
- Presented “BIM Today” for Australian Institute of Architects, Melbourne Victoria
- Presented “BIM Today” for Australian Institute of Architects, Hobart & Launceston Tasmania
Sales Consultant | CADApps Australia, Melbourne, VIC
May 2011– Jan 2012
CADApps Australia, an Autodesk Gold Partner, Training Centre and Authorised Software Developer, engaged Matt Rumbelow as a Revit BIM Consultant to work nationally to support existing and new civil, survey, and structure clients to integrate and implement BIM within their projects and workflow.
- Attended 2011 Autodesk Regional Sales Conference, Sydney, NSW, AUS
- Prepared and delivered Revit software course for Lend Lease Australia
Business Development Manager – Building Information Modeling | AEC Systems, Melbourne, VIC
August 2008– December 2010 (2 years 5 months)
Promoted to develop business opportunities within the Building Information Modeling (BIM) sector using Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk Revit Structure, Autodesk Revit MEP, & Autodesk Navisworks.
- Attended 2010 Autodesk University International Conference, Las Vegas, NV USA
- Attended 2010 Autodesk Regional Sales Conference, Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
- Attended 2009 Autodesk Regional Sales Conference, Hunter Valley, NSW, AUS
- Attended 2009 Autodesk International Sales Conference, Las Vegas, NV USA
Sessional Lecturer : Property & Project Management | RMIT University, Melbourne, VIC
July 2010– August 2010 (2 months)
Introduced Building Information Management concepts to Construction Management students
National Pre Sales Technical Consultant – Building Information Modeling | AEC Systems, Melbourne, VIC
December 2007– July 2008 (8 months)
- Selected to present at 2008 Autodesk University International Conference, Las Vegas, NV USA
- Attended AEC Systems office opening (Beijing, China) to provide induction training / support
- Provide pre sales presentations and engagement across Australia & New Zealand
- Provided technical consultation to key account managers to further sales opportunities
- Incentivised with commissions based on national sales targets and key account sales
Group CAD Coordinator – Building Information Modeling | Woodhead International, Melbourne, VIC
June 2007– November 2007 (6 months)
Revit deployment and project implementation assistance to Woodhead offices across Australia
Technical Consultant | AEC Systems, Melbourne, VIC
2005– 2007 (2 years)
Lecturer – Architectural Digital Design | University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA
January 2001– December 2005 (5 years)
Architectural Assistant – Graphic Design | BFLS (formerly Hamiltons Architects), London UK
March 2004– December 2004 (10 months)
Education & Training
2012: Sales Training & Development (MEDDIC) | Ved Narayan, Vice-President Asia Pacific Newforma
Newforma Endorsed Sales Presentation Course
2011: ADN Dev Days | Autodesk Developer Network, Melbourne, VIC
Autodesk API training and product development roadmap
2010: One Team Conference | Autodesk Regional Sales Conference, Gold Coast, QLD
Sales Methodology and Update Training
2009: One Team Conference | Autodesk Global Sales Conference, Las Vegas, USA
Sales Methodology and Update Training
2007: Presentation Excellence | Development Beyond Learning
Autodesk Endorsed Sales Presentation Course
2000: Bachelor of Architecture| University of South Australia
Architecture with Honours
Honours Thesis – “On-line Delivery: Changing the Architecture of Education”
Chancellors Award – Community Service
1992: Secondary School | Scotch College, Adelaide
Dux 1992 Humanities
Activities and Societies: Stewart House, Dr Hilditch
Architectural and Construction technologies, architectural industry, Autodesk Authorized Reseller, Autodesk Authorized Training Center Representative, Building/Facility Management and Leasing, Design Visualization, Graphic Design / Illustration, Interior Design, Project Management, Structural Engineering, Teaching
Rodd Perey, Associate Director, Group Design Technology Manager | Architectus Architects
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert
“Matt and the team at AEC Systems provide us with great support in the complex world of BIM. He is a mine of information who keeps me in touch with new developments in the field.” November 25, 2008